Garlic Prawn Penne
200g raw king prawns
250g Penne pasta (gluten-free is fine)
3 cloves chopped garlic
1 small bunch of parsley
100g cherry tomatoes, halved
150ml white/rose wine (optional)
100g grated Parmesan/grana padano cheese
Zest of 1/2 lemon
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Salt & Pepper
Extra-virgin olive oil to finish
• In a small bowl, mix the cheese and lemon zest together.
• Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook pasta according to packet instructions.
• Meanwhile, separate stalks and leaves of the parsley, and finely chop. Add the leaves to the cheese and lemon mix.
• In a pan big enough to take the pasta later, melt the butter over a medium high heat, and add the garlic.
• Cool for 2 mins, then add the parsley stalks and prawns.
• Turn up the heat and cook for a further 2 mins, then add the wine, if using, and let bubble for a minute or two.
• Add the tomatoes and lemon juice, cook for a further minute, season with salt and pepper, and then set aside until the pasta is done.
• When the pasta is cooked, drain it, then add it to the prawn pan, setting it over the heat again while you bring it together.
• Toss it all in the pan until the pasta is coated in the garlicky butter sauce, then drizzle over some olive oil, sprinkle over the cheese, lemon, and parsley gremolata, and SERVE.